Ah yes, spring is here and this is the perfect pie to celebrate with! Enjoy!!!
Make and share this Rhubarb Raspberry Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Line a pie plate with pastry and trim edges.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine the rhubarb and raspberries in a large bowl.
- Combine the sugar, flour, salt, eggs and cinnamon in a medium bowl and whisk well.
- Pour over fruit mixture and stir gently but well.
- Pour into the prepared pie plate and top with remaining crust.
- Seal edges and crimp.
- Slice a few vent holes and bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes, reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for 30 minutes more.
- Remove and place on a pie rack.
- Cool to room temp and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
DELICIOUS!! WOW! I had a deep dish pie pan and used 4 cups raspberries and approximately 3 cups rhubarb and did sprinkle a bit of sugar over the top prior to putting on top crust. Kids licked their plates CLEAN! It was yummy and will be definitely made again before my raspberries are done this year!
Problematical. Waaay too much sugar. Also much more fruit needed for a 9-10 inch pie dish. (4-5 cups rhubarb, 2-2.5 cups raspberry). Also need to lose some of the liquid from the mix, otherwise it's just a sloppy pie. Needs addition of lemon juice too.
Amazing! It needed to cook longer then stated in the recipe, but the taste was fabulous! My husband said it was the best pie he's ever eaten, sorry Grandma D!