1/1 Photo of Rhubarb Raspberry Custard Pie
1 hr 10 mins
Baby Kato's Note:
This wonderful pie is from Better Homes & Gardens 1990 Best Recipes Yearbook..Perfect for your guests or loved ones...very impressive looking and well worth the effort...you won't believe that you made it...amazing flavours...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 favourite pastry shells
- 3 cups rhubarb, cut into 1 inch peices
- 1 cup raspberries, fresh or 1 cup frozen raspberries (unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1In small bowl combine 1 1/4 cups sugar, 1 tbsp flour, and 1/4 tsp nutmeg.
- 2Add eggs.
- 3Beat till well blended.
- 4Prepare pastry, combine rhubarb and raspberries and spoon into pastry.
- 5Pour the egg mixture over fruit.
- 6Cover the edges with foil to prevent overbrowning.
- 7Bake 375 degrees for 25 minutes, then remove foil and bake 15 minutes more.
- 8Combine 1/4 cup flour, 1/4 cup sugar, almonds, cinnamon and 1/2 tsp nutmeg.
- 9Cut in butter, until the size of a small pea.
- 10Remove pie from oven and sprinkle topping around the outer edge of fruit and custard.
- 11Leave a 5" circle in the center uncovered.
- 12Return to oven for 5 more minutes.
- 13Cool on wire rack.
- 14Cover and chill any leftovers-- if you have any!
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rhubarb Raspberry Custard Pie
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.5
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 100.6 mg
- Sodium 199.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 39.0 g
- Protein 6.6 g