1/2 Photos of Rhubarb Nut Bread
1 hr 5 mins
My kind neighbor Shirley left me some rhubarb and this recipe, nice thought! I made the loaf and it is very good. She said she got the recipe many years ago from some gourmet magazine. It has a nice texture
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 325F, lightly butter and flour two 8"x4"x3" loaf pans Combine the brown sugar, veggie oil and the egg.
- 2combine the buttermilk (sour milk), baking soda, salt& vanilla.
- 3Add the milk mixture to the sugar mixture alternately with the flour, beating well after each addition Fold in the rhubarb& the nuts.
- 4Turn batter into the two loaf pans.
- 5Sprinkle with the melted butter and sugar.
- 6Bake for 45 minutes or until done.
- 7Turn out on a wire rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rhubarb Nut Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1416 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2319.4
- Calories from Fat 932
- Total Fat 103.5 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 113.1 mg
- Sodium 2060.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 328.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 202.0 g
- Protein 26.9 g