My kind neighbor Shirley left me some rhubarb and this recipe, nice thought! I made the loaf and it is very good. She said she got the recipe many years ago from some gourmet magazine. It has a nice texture
- Heat oven to 325F, lightly butter and flour two 8"x4"x3" loaf pans Combine the brown sugar, veggie oil and the egg.
- combine the buttermilk (sour milk), baking soda, salt& vanilla.
- Add the milk mixture to the sugar mixture alternately with the flour, beating well after each addition Fold in the rhubarb& the nuts.
- Turn batter into the two loaf pans.
- Sprinkle with the melted butter and sugar.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until done.
- Turn out on a wire rack to cool.