Found this in More Cooking in Minnesota
Make and share this Rhubarb Muffins II recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk or 1⁄2 cup sour milk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup finely cut up fresh rhubarb or 1 cup frozen rhubarb
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup chpped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease btooms only of 12 cup muffin pan or use paper liners.
- In mixing bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine brown sugar, buttermilk, oil, egg and vanilla. Add liquid mixture to dry ingredients. Stir until just moistened. Stir in rhubarb and nuts.
- To make topping:.
- In small bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon and nuts.
- To bake muffins:.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle with topping. Bake for 25-30 minutes.