1/1 Photo of Rhubarb Lunar Cake
1 hr 10 mins
This recipe came from a 20 year old magazine, it's a wonderful cake, moist, easy to make and freezes well. The name of this cake is derived from the buttery brown sugar topping that sinks into the cake as it bakes and forms a crusty layer reminiscent of a lunar landscape!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups rhubarb, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1Batter: Cream together butter and sugar until smooth and creamy.
- 2Add egg and vanilla.
- 3Sift together dry ingredients and add to butter and sugar mixture 1/3 at a time, along with buttermilk.
- 4Toss rhubarb with 1 tbsp flour and fold into batter.
- 5Spoon batter into a greased 9 x 13 inch cake pan and smooth the surface.
- 6Topping: Blend together topping ingredients and sprinkle evenly over batter.
- 7Bake at 350F for 45 minutes or until cake has risen, browned and comes away from the edges, and skewer (or toothpick) inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rhubarb Lunar Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1505 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4401.8
- Calories from Fat 1332
- Total Fat 148.0 g
- Saturated Fat 90.9 g
- Cholesterol 561.8 mg
- Sodium 4045.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 740.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.1 g
- Sugars 528.8 g
- Protein 45.1 g