Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love rhubarb and this is my favorite way to fix it. I have to make this when I have company over or I will eat the whole thing myself:)...so, so good.
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups thinly sliced rhubarb
- In food processor, mix together the crust ingredients.
- Press into a 15 x 10-inch pan.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes (crust will be very light colored).
- Meanwhile, combine eggs, sugar, flour and salt; beat together.
- Fold in rhubarb.
- Spread filling mixture on hot crust; return to oven to bake 40-45 minutes longer.
- Cool; cut into bars.
I love rhubarb and I have tried many recipes, but I always come back to this one. So simple, tart, and good! I have made this for years, and before that, my mom made it. I look forward to it every year. This is good as it is, but also warmed up with some ice cream or whipped cream.
Yum, yum, yummy, YUM!! While this is definitely a sweeter rhubarb recipe, it still is a delicious addition to my collection of ways to use my abundant rhubarb harvest each year. I prepared the recipe exactly as written, except I forgot to set a timer for the first bake of the crust and I think it went a little too long. As a result, mine were over baked on the outside edges, but that is fully operator error. Super delicious and best the first day, sprinkled with a little powdered sugar.
These bars are absolutely divine. While we usually go for tarter rhubarb recipes, these sweet bars are a firm favourite. They don't look like much, but my oh my, they are delicious! Thank you for a lovely recipe!