Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love rhubarb and this is my favorite way to fix it. I have to make this when I have company over or I will eat the whole thing myself:)...so, so good.
- In food processor, mix together the crust ingredients.
- Press into a 15 x 10-inch pan.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes (crust will be very light colored).
- Meanwhile, combine eggs, sugar, flour and salt; beat together.
- Fold in rhubarb.
- Spread filling mixture on hot crust; return to oven to bake 40-45 minutes longer.
- Cool; cut into bars.
I love rhubarb and I have tried many recipes, but I always come back to this one. So simple, tart, and good! I have made this for years, and before that, my mom made it. I look forward to it every year. This is good as it is, but also warmed up with some ice cream or whipped cream.
These bars are absolutely divine. While we usually go for tarter rhubarb recipes, these sweet bars are a firm favourite. They don't look like much, but my oh my, they are delicious! Thank you for a lovely recipe!
Made this recipe today with a few minor variations and it turned out great. First, I used my KitchenAid Mixer (rather than a food processor) for the crust, and it worked fine. Second, I split the recipe between two 9 X 9" pans and just threw in a bit more fruit. And, the last change was I substituted about a cup of rhubarb with fresh cranberries (though I'm sure frozen would work too). It was a great addition for this time of year and the bars are delicious!