Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is so good! The coconut and walnuts are a great tasting change from plain rhubarb recipes. This is my family's favorite rhubarb recipe.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour, divided
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups finely chopped rhubarb
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- Combine 1 cup flour and confectioners' sugar.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Pat into lightly greased 13 x 9 x 2 baking dish, making sure to grease sides.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 13- 15 minutes or until edges or lightly browned.
- Combine sugar and remaining flour.
- Add eggs; mix well.
- Stir in rhubarb, walnuts and coconut.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake 30- 35 minutes longer or until set.
- Cool on a wire rack.
If you have the rhubarb in your garden, I bet you anything that you have everything else on your shelf. So with that said, why would you NOT want to make this recipe? It was very quick to make and the flavor was fantastic too. We espically like the addition of the coconut in this recipe. I'm sure there will not be any leftovers tonight after my girl's piano recital. So, with that in mind, I'm making this again this week yet so we can have some here at home. Thanks for another keeper!
This is a great way to use rhubarb.The family loves it.I could eat it all
Another fast and simple way to use up some of that terrific rhubarb. Put some of these in my freezer for "afters". Thanks bugs32.