1 hr 25 mins
This is one of the best desserts I've ever had. I combined two recipes to come up with a lower fat version.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 8 tablespoons chilled butter or 8 tablespoons margarine, cut into pieces
- cooking spray
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat milk
- 3 large eggs
- 5 cups rhubarb, fresh or frozen, sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen fat-free whipped topping
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Spoon 1-1/2 cups flour into a dry measuring cup.
- 3Combine flour and 1/4 cup sugar in a bowl.
- 4Cut in butter or margarine until it resembles coarse meal.
- 5Press mixture into a 13x9 pan that has been lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- 6Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 7While that is baking, combine 1/3 cup flour and 1-1/2 cups sugar into a large bowl.
- 8Add milk and eggs, stirring until well blended.
- 9Stir in rhubarb.
- 10Pour over crust, bake for 40 minutes at 350° or until set.
- 11Cool completely at room temperature.
- 12Combine 1/2 cup sugar, cream cheese and vanilla in a bowl.
- 13Beat at medium speed until smooth.
- 14Glently fold in whipped topping, spread evenly over custard.
- 15Cover and chill at least one hour.
- 16Refrigerate leftovers.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rhubarb Bars
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 123.2
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 27.1 mg
- Sodium 54.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen fat-free whipped topping