Even though I don't live in the States anymore all the Americans in my community get together for the 4th of July, and this is what I always bring. It should be made in advance, you need lots of freezing time. Prep time includes freeze time.
- Spread the blueberry and cream ice cream in an even layer on the bottom of the piecrust.
- Top with half of the sliced strawberries.
- Freeze for one hour.
- Top with the strawberry ice cream and smooth to form an even layer.
- Top with half of the blueberries.
- Freeze for two hours.
- Top with the whipped cream and the remaining berries.
- Serve immediately, or cover and freeze for up to 48 hours before serving.
- Let the pie sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before cutting and serving.