1/3 Photos of Real Scottish Shortbread
This is my Scottish grandmother's recipe. It melts in your mouth rather than be hard and crunchy like the North American version.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift cornstarch, sugar and flour together.
- 2Blend in butter until combined and then use hands to knead into a soft dough.
- 3Shape dough into a ball, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 4Place dough in the bottom of a greased 9x9-inch pan and bake at 300°F for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 5Cool completely in pan and cut into squares.
- 6Store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Real Scottish Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (17 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 89.7
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 41.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 0.6 g