1/1 Photo of Raspberry Cream Cupcakes
I got this recipe from Giada De Laurentiis' show Everyday Italian. They are so easy to make, but very aesthetically pleasing as well. The whipped cream is a light and refreshing touch to the cupcake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box white cake mix (recommended Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe)
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 (6 ounce) containers fresh raspberries, cut in half or 1 (16 ounce) container fresh strawberries, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar, plus additional
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- 1Line 18 muffin cups with muffin papers. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Using an electric mixer, beat the cake mix, water, egg whites, melted butter, almond extract, and vanilla extract in a large bowl for 2 minutes, or until the batter is well blended. Using about 1/3 cup of batter for each cupcake, spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- 3Bake the cupcakes until they are very pale golden on top, about 15 minutes. Cool the cupcakes completely on a cooling rack.
- 4Using a fork, coarsely mash 1 1/2 containers of raspberries in a medium bowl. Beat the cream and 1/3 cup of powdered sugar in a large bowl until firm peaks form. Fold the mashed raspberries into the whipped cream.
- 5Remove the muffin papers from the cupcakes and cut the tops off of each cupcake. Spoon the raspberry whipped cream atop the cupcake bottoms. Place the cupcake tops on the cupcakes. Dust with more powdered sugar and serve with the remaining berries.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry Cream Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (1598 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.3
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 21.5 mg
- Sodium 207.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 2.4 g