1/2 Photos of Raspberry Coconut Cake
1 hr 10 mins
My mom called to let me know that the next day we would be celebrating my leap year baby cousins first birthday. She said my Aunt Pat said to make sure I knew that we would be eating something besides "a couple of chickens"- a little family joke that if I don't cook, we only have rotisserie chickens from the grocery store.I asked my mom what kind of cake she would have, it was her first birthday after all- a momentous occasion sure to be captured in pictures. She said she thought maybe brownies. Well I didn't sleep all night, thinking about our little princess not having a birthday cake. I got up at 6 am., shuffled around in the pantry, and pulled out the ingredients to make this cake. I tinted the coconut pink using a baggie and 2 drops of food coloring. It was a pretty little cake and it looked so tempting that Adrianna dug right in fingers and all, and her big sister did too with a little encouragement from my mom. First birthdays deserve something special - like this cake. From Taste of Home Simple and Delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 3 egg whites (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 3 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 6 (1 ounce) squares white baking chocolate
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1Prepare cake batter according to package directions; fold in 2/3 cup coconut.
- 2Pour into two greased 9-in. round baking pans.
- 3Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 4Cool for 10 minutes removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 5In a microwave-safe bowl, combine white chocolate and cream.
- 6Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute (mine took 30 seconds) or until chocolate is almost melted; stir until smooth. (Please adjust the time in microwave according to your micro's power).
- 7Cool to room temperature. In a small bowl, combine jam and 1 cup coconut.
- 8Spread over one cake layer; top with second layer.
- 9In a small mixing bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light an d fluffy; gradually beat in white chocolate mixture.
- 10Spread over top and sides of cake.
- 11Toast remaining coconut; sprinkle over cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry Coconut Cake
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 654.2
- Calories from Fat 346
- Total Fat 38.5 g
- Saturated Fat 20.3 g
- Cholesterol 49.4 mg
- Sodium 480.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 59.6 g
- Protein 4.6 g