Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
A classic oatmeal raisin cookie. This makes 3 dozen cookies. I hope you enjoy :) These would be great for those office-parties or for X-Mas parties.
- heat oven to 350*F.
- grease cookie sheets.
- beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, milk, egg, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt, add to butter mixture, mix well.
- stir in oats and raisins.
- drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet.
- bake in upper third of oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
I have always used the quick oats in cookies and was unsure of using the old fashoined kind. OH MY these are GOOD. They do spread out alot and are very thin . They are sweet but not overly sweet and chewy and crisp all at the same time and DIVINE. They reminded me of a granola bar but 100 times better. These would make a perfect lunchbox cookies for kids instead of those horrible store bought granola bars . This recipe is replacing my own old recipe. Definite keeper and going inmy divine recipes book. I should add I only used half the cinnamon because I ran out. Made for Everyday is a Holiday.