A co-worker gave me this recipe 3 years ago. The are WAY better then the ones you buy in a bakery! I have tried these cookies with Splenda-it DOES NOT work!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat eggs, add melted butter, almond extract, sugar, and flour. (Let the melted butter cool a bit before adding it to the beaten eggs).
- 2In 3 bowls, evenly divide batter. Leave 1 bowl white, 1 bowl red, and 1 bowl green.
- 3Place each batter in a very shallow pan-seperately.(I use aluminum pans from Waldbaums. They are the size of a loaf, but not as deep. They come in a package of 3-which is what you need). Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes- approximately.
- 4Put red layer on top of wax paper. Spread raspberry preserves on layer. Take white layer, place on top of the red layer and spread preserves. Take the green layer, place it on the white. Spread the melted chocolate chips on the top.
- 5Place in the freezer, just long enough for the chocolate to harden. When hardend, take out and do the same on the other side.
- 6Take out carefully and slice into bars. Whole pieces can be frozen and sliced when needed.
- 8While the 1st side of the bar is hardening, you can start the whole process over because you will have enough batter and melted chips for a 2nd bar of cookies. ALSO Add some oil to melting chocolate chips to keep it from clumping together (if needed).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rainbow Cookies(7 Layer)
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 782.6
- Calories from Fat 403
- Total Fat 44.8 g
- Saturated Fat 26.8 g
- Cholesterol 250.1 mg
- Sodium 310.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 64.2 g
- Protein 8.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: