1/2 Photos of Rae Simpson's World Famous Pound Cake
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is a recipe that I adopted in a whirlwind Zaar adoption in September 2006. It looks like according to some of the comments that it is a Mean Chef Original. I haven't myself made it and when I do I'll add my two cents into the description.You can make two smaller ones too
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set an oven rack in the middle position and reposition the remaining rack below it.
- 2Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- 3Generously butter a 9-inch removable-bottom tube pan.
- 4Heat cream and salt on low heat only enough to dissolve salt. Flour needs to be sifted BEFORE measuring.
- 5Whip the butter on high speed until creamy; add the vanilla and whip until well-blended.
- 6Gradually add the sugar, then whip the butter and sugar on high speed for several minutes, or until the mixture is airy and turns whitish.
- 7Reduce the speed to slow and add the eggs, one at a time, mixing thoroughly between additions.
- 8Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides after every other egg.
- 9Now stop mixing.
- 10Remove the mixing bowl from the stand (if you are using one) and sift about one-quarter of the flour into the mixture through a strainer or sifter.
- 11Replace the bowl and thoroughly mix the flour into the batter on low speed.
- 12Drizzle in about one third of cream, mixing until thoroughly incorporated.
- 13Continue to alternate, sifting in flour and drizzling in cream, ending with the flour.
- 14When the last of the flour has been added, scrape down the mixture and beat for a few more seconds just to make sure that everything is well-incorporated.
- 15Remove the bowl from the stand and scrape the batter into the prepared tube pan.
- 16Run a knife through the batter to break up any air pockets, and then smooth the top of the batter.
- 17Bake the cake on the middle rack for 1 1/2 hours, turning it from front to back after about one hour for even browning.
- 18The cake should be well-browned, with a golden, crackling top, when fully baked.
- 19Stick a toothpick in the cake, if desired, to test it; the toothpick should come out clean if the cake is fully baked.
- 20Let the cake cool on a rack for 20 minutes, then remove the cake from the pan, running a knife around the edges if it sticks, and let it cool upside down on a cooling rack.
- 21Refrigerate overnight before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rae Simpson's World Famous Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1792 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 6724.9
- Calories from Fat 2738
- Total Fat 304.2 g
- Saturated Fat 181.3 g
- Cholesterol 1930.1 mg
- Sodium 1719.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 931.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 603.2 g
- Protein 78.2 g