When I was a child, my neighbor's daughter and I were hungry one afternoon after school at her place. But there wasn't anything to snack on and we came up with this little snack idea. We loved it so much that we ended up almost using up the whole entire jar of peanut butter because we kept on going back and making more. Another good thing about this recipe is that you don't have to use the same ingredients or the same amounts. Experiment alittle! Use crushed Raisin Bran instead of Cornflakes. Or use 5 tsp. of peanut butter and enough cereal to coat it instead. It is all up to you and how hungry you are! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
- 1 cup lightly crushed corn flakes
- 1Put cornflakes into a ziploc bag and lightly crush them with your hand or use the bottom of a mug or cup.
- 2Tip: Make sure that some large pieces are still intact. You don't want to make a powder out of them.
- 3Place the crushed cornflakes onto either a plate or use your clean counter top.
- 4Using a teaspoon, spoon out 1/2 tsp or larger (depending on how hungry you are) of the peanut butter and drop them into the cornflakes. Do only a few at a time.
- 5Now comes the messy (yet tasty!) part of the whole process.
- 6Gently roll the peanut butter spoonfuls around until they are coated in the cornflakes and are ball shaped.
- 7If you like the peanut butter balls to be soft, eat them as they were prepared. But if you would like to harden them up a little bit, put them on a plate or tray in the freezer for roughly 10- 15 minutes. Or longer, if you want them really hard.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick and Easy Peanut Butter and Cornflake Snack Balls
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 404.5
- Calories from Fat 292
- Total Fat 32.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 346.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 16.6 g