1/2 Photos of Pumpkin Yeast Rolls
1 hr 20 mins
These are pumpkin flavored and shaped like pumpkins, they are easy and look great on your table at Thanksgiving. I will post a picture after Thanksgiving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 slivered almonds, i use a few extras in case any break,dye almonds ahead of time,directions below
- 1/4 teaspoon green food coloring
- 1 (16 ounce) package hot roll mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2/3 apple cider
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 whole egg, slightly beaten
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1Place almonds in small resealable plastic bag.
- 2Add food color, seal bag.
- 3Shake bag until almonds are evenly colored.
- 4If you would like them to be a darker green add more color, I also dye a few extras in case any break.
- 5Place almonds on wax paper to dry.
- 6Combine hot roll mix, yeast package from mix, and pumpkin pie spice in large bowl, stir to mix well.
- 7Combine cider and warm water in small saucepan.
- 8Heat over medium heat until cider mixture is hot (120 to 130F) pour over dry ingredients.
- 9Add butter and whole egg; stir until dough pulls away from side of bowl.
- 10Place dough on lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
- 11Cut dough into 16 equal pieces; roll each piece into a ball.
- 12Combine egg white and cold water in small bowl; beat lightly with fork until well blended.
- 13Brush egg white mixture evenly onto rolls, covering them completely.
- 14With a sharp knife, lightly score surface of each roll, beginning at top center and comming down around sides of roll to resemble a pumpkin.
- 15Insert 1 almond sliver into top of each roll for stem.
- 16Lightly grease baking sheet.
- 17Place rolls 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- 18Cover loosley with towel; let rise in warm place 20- 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- 19Remover towel.
- 20Preheat oven to 375°F Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Yeast Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.6
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 16.0 mg
- Sodium 382.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: