Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
I love any recipe I can make ahead: Since one 15-oz. can pumpkin contains enough pumpkin for 2 Pumpkin Spice Rolls. I make 2, eat one now and enjoy the second one later. To store cake, wrap tightly in plastic wrap, then in foil. Store in freezer up to 1 month. Place in refrigerator to thaw overnight
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, divided
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 ounces cream cheese (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.)
- 1 1⁄2 cups thawed Cool Whip Topping or 1 1⁄2 cups thawed Cool Whip Topping
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F Grease 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Line with wax paper; grease and flour wax paper. Sprinkle clean towel with 1/4 cup of the powdered sugar.
- MIX flour, spice, baking powder and salt; set aside. Beat eggs and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on high speed until thickened. Add pumpkin; mix well. Add flour mixture; beat just until blended. Spread evenly into prepared pan; sprinkle with walnuts.
- BAKE 15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched. Immediately invert cake onto towel; remove pan. Carefully peel off paper. Starting at one of the short sides, roll up cake and towel together. Cool completely on wire rack.
- BEAT cream cheese and 1/2 cup of the powdered sugar in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add whipped topping; mix well. Carefully unroll cake; remove towel. Spread cream cheese mixture over cake. Reroll cake; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to serve. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons powdered sugar just before serving.
I have been making this recipe for years every Thanksgiving, I'm happy to see the recipe is here, I thought I'd never like anything made out of pumkin but this is too good to pass up! It is always expected of me to make this during the fall. Don't be afraid to try it, you'll love it!