Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
We love the taste of pumpkin in our house, and I bake with it all year long, these quick breads are just so moist and delicious, and with the addition of the cream cheese filling.....well, it just can't get any better!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temp
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 large eggs or 1 large extra large egg
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange rind
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2 cup oil (not olive oil)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Set oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease two 8x4-in loaf pans, or use mini loaf pans if desired.
- In a med bowl, combine all filling ingredients until smooth; set aside.
- In another bowl, sift 1-2/3 cup flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and nutmeg; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, oil, 2 eggs and 1-1/2 cups sugar, beat well.
- Stir the pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture just until combined.
- Fold in nuts, if using.
- Pour half of the pumpkin bread batter evenly into prepared loaf pans.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture on top of batter, and then pour on the remaining pumpkin batter.
- Bake for 60-70 mins (if using the 8x4 pans), bake for a shorter time for mini loaf pans.
- Cool in pans for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove to a rack to cool completely.
- Store loaf bread in fridge, wrapped tightly.