- Momma Loon's Note:
To make a good pumpkin cheesecake, you could simply add some canned pumpkin and pumpkin pie spices to your regular cheesecake recipe and leave it at that. But my version makes a good thing even better
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 30 gingersnaps, broken into large chunks (about 2 heaping cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, in all
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 5 eggs
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- 2Place gingersnaps in bowl of food processor fitted with metal blade and pulse until coarsely ground.
- 3In a small saucepan over medium heat, saute pecans in butter until toasted and golden brown.
- 4Add pecans and butter to food processor.
- 5Add 1/4 cup of the brown sugar to the food processor and pulse a few times to blend ingredients.
- 6Press mixture into the bottom of a 10-inch springform pan and refrigerate while preparing the filling.
- 7Place the cream cheese, 1/2 cup brown sugar and white sugar in a large bowl and beat until smooth.
- 8Add pumpkin, spices and vanilla to bowl and mix to combine.
- 9Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition until incorporated.
- 10Pour into prepared crust and bake 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- 11Remove from oven and let cool at room temperature.
- 12Praline Pecans 2 tablespoons butter 2 tablespoons brown sugar 2 teaspoons cream or half and half 2 cups pecan halves Melt butter in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat.
- 13Add brown sugar and cream and bring to a boil.
- 14Add pecans, stirring well until well coated in butter mixture.
- 15Spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper to cool.
- 16Use to garnish Praline Pumpkin Cheesecake.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for pumpkin praline cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 558.5
- Calories from Fat 332
- Total Fat 36.9 g
- Saturated Fat 19.5 g
- Cholesterol 192.8 mg
- Sodium 519.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 32.1 g
- Protein 10.5 g