Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
To make a good pumpkin cheesecake, you could simply add some canned pumpkin and pumpkin pie spices to your regular cheesecake recipe and leave it at that. But my version makes a good thing even better
- 30 gingersnaps, broken into large chunks (about 2 heaping cups)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, in all
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 5 eggs
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Place gingersnaps in bowl of food processor fitted with metal blade and pulse until coarsely ground.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, saute pecans in butter until toasted and golden brown.
- Add pecans and butter to food processor.
- Add 1/4 cup of the brown sugar to the food processor and pulse a few times to blend ingredients.
- Press mixture into the bottom of a 10-inch springform pan and refrigerate while preparing the filling.
- Place the cream cheese, 1/2 cup brown sugar and white sugar in a large bowl and beat until smooth.
- Add pumpkin, spices and vanilla to bowl and mix to combine.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition until incorporated.
- Pour into prepared crust and bake 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool at room temperature.
- Praline Pecans 2 tablespoons butter 2 tablespoons brown sugar 2 teaspoons cream or half and half 2 cups pecan halves Melt butter in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat.
- Add brown sugar and cream and bring to a boil.
- Add pecans, stirring well until well coated in butter mixture.
- Spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper to cool.
- Use to garnish Praline Pumpkin Cheesecake.
FABULOUS!!!! I made this for a church function and everyone raved about it. I followed the instrucions almost to the letter. I don't have a food processer so I used a freezer bag and crushed the gingersnaps and mixed the other ingredients in it. Also I cheated by buying a can of praline pecans; I coursely crushed them and added them to the top before baking. I might try using the praline pecans in the crust next time. I used some pumpkin pie spice, allspice, but forgot the ginger. You can't go wrong with this recipe! Thanks for the autumn treat.
I used this recipe for "Gourmet Dinner Night" at the bakery that I work at, and the results were wonderful... No cracking of the cheesecake at all. The only thing that I change was that I omitted cloves and only because I don't care for cloves. The cheesecake was loved so much that I have received 25 orders (and counting) for this cheesecake for the Thanksgiving Holiday.. Thanks for a great recipe!!!!!