Delicious spicy pumpkin cookies with oatmeal, pecans, raisins and chocolate morsels.
Make and share this Pumpkin Oatmeal Drop Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup cooked mashed pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup black walnut
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 (6 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- To prepare fresh pumpkin for this recipe and other recipes, follow this procedure: Use one small pumpkin; wash well, and cut in half crosswise. Place halves, cut side down, in a 15 x 10 x 1 inch jellyroll pan. Bake at 325°F for 45 minutes or until fork tender; cool 10 minutes. Peel pumpkin, and discard seeds. Puree pulp in food processor, or mash thoroughly. Cover and place in refrigerator. Cooked pumpkin will keep well for four or five days.
- Combine butter and sugar, creaming thoroughly. Add pumpkin, egg, cinnamon, and nutmeg; beat mixture until light and fluffy. Add flour, salt, baking powder, and soda, mixing well. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake at 375°F for 12 to 15 minutes. Cool cookies on wire rack. Yield: about 6 dozen.
- Southern Living.