1/1 Photo of Pumpkin Ginger Cake
1 hr 5 mins
Sydney Mike's Note:
This recipe has been in my files for over 25 years. I enjoy the caramel sauce over ice cream on top of a warm slice of the ginger cake!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE CAKE
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter or 2/3 cup margarine
- 3/4 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup light molasses
- 3/4 cup mashed cooked pumpkin
- 1 egg
FOR THE CARAMEL SAUCE
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2For the cake, in large bowl combine flour & sugar, then cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- 3Stir in pecans.
- 4Measure out 1 1/4 cups of crumb mixture, & press it evenly into the bottom of ungreased 9"x9" baking dish.
- 5To the remaining crumb mixture, add last 9 cake ingredients, & mix well.
- 6Pour evenly into crumb-lined baking dish, & bake 40-50 minutes or until toothpick in the middle comes out clean.
- 7For the caramel sauce, in medium saucepan, melt butter, then stir in sugar & syrup.
- 8Bring to boil, cooking & stirring constantly about 1 minute, or until sugar dissolves.
- 9Stir in whipping cream, & bring to boil again.
- 10Remove from heat, & let cool.
- 11Serve over warm ginger cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Ginger Cake
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.2
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 59.4 mg
- Sodium 149.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 30.3 g
- Protein 3.4 g