Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
This is another way of serving pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving - but without the crust. A cake mix makes this very easy. I often make it the day before I have to serve it. I found this recipe in 1999 and my family and friends love it.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 (14 ounce) cans pumpkin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 yellow cake mix, 2 layer size
- 1⁄2 cup hard butter (or margarine)
- ice cream or whipped cream (optional)
- Beat eggs on high in medium bowl until frothy.
- Beat in sugar.
- Add next 6 ingredients.
- Beat until well mixed.
- Add evaporated milk.
- Beat on low to blend.
- Pour into greased 9x13 inch (22x33 cm) pan.
- Topping: Put cake mix into bowl.
- Cut margarine until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over pumpkin mixture.
- Bake in 350 degree F (175 degrees C) oven for 1-1/2 hours until knife inserted near center comes out fairly clean.
- Serve hot with ice cream or cold with whipped cream.
Looking for this dessert I had made once, several years ago brought me to this site, and I'm glad it did! The difference between the one I made then and this one is that the original used pumpkin PIE FILLING which could make preparation a little easier. I also adapted this recipie to what ingredients I had on hand at 8pm, and the nearest grocery store being 7 miles away... I substituted one can of SWEETENED CONDENCED MILK for the evaporated milk, and omitted the granulated sugar. I also used a SPICE cake mix This dessert was fantastic!