These are different for after school snack or desserts in October. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (November 1986)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup nuts or 1⁄2 cup raisins, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Grease baking sheets with margarine or spray with Pam.
- In a large mixing bowl cream 1/2 cup butterwith sugar until fluffy. Stir in pumpkin, egg and vanilla.
- Sift dry ingredients together (flour - salt) in a bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mixture, stirring well to combine.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts or raisins (if desired).
- Drop batter by spoonfuls on to baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until browned.
- Cool on rack.