Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 35 mins
A slightly different twist to and old favorite.
Make and share this Pumpkin Carrot Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 9.85 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml salt
- 177.44 ml milk
- 7.39 ml lemon juice
- 3 large eggs
- 295.73 ml canned pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml packed brown sugar
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 226.79 g can crushed pineapple, drained
- 236.59 ml grated carrot
- 236.59 ml flaked coconut
- 295.73 ml chopped nuts, divided
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 311.84 g cream cheese, softened (8 oz. and 3 oz. pkg)
- 78.07 ml butter, softened
- 828.06 ml sifted powdered sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 9.85 ml orange juice
- 4.92 ml orange zest
- Cream Cheese Frosting: Add cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar to a large mixing bowl; beat with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add in vanilla, orange juice, and orange peel; beat to combine; set aside.
- Cake: In a mixing bowl, add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; stir to combine.
- In a measuring cup, add the milk and lemon juice; stir to combine (will look curdled).
- In a big mixing bowl, add the eggs, pumpkin, sugars, and vegetable oil; beat to combine.
- Add in the pineapple, carrots, and milk mixture; mix well.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the batter; beat until combined.
- Add in coconut and 1 cup nuts; stir to combine.
- Pour batter into two 9-inch greased round baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until pick comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 15 minutes.
- Turn cakes out onto wire rack and let cool completely.
- Frost cake between layers, on the sides, and on top of the cake with Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Garnish with remaining nuts.
- Store in the refrigerator.
joni made this for thanksgiving 2003 it was very good
Since I love pumpkin, this upped a typical carrot cake to a 5 star taste in my book! Delicious!