1 hr 35 mins
A slightly different twist to and old favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups canned pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 1/4 cups chopped nuts, divided
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1Cream Cheese Frosting: Add cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar to a large mixing bowl; beat with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- 2Add in vanilla, orange juice, and orange peel; beat to combine; set aside.
- 3Cake: In a mixing bowl, add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; stir to combine.
- 4In a measuring cup, add the milk and lemon juice; stir to combine (will look curdled).
- 5In a big mixing bowl, add the eggs, pumpkin, sugars, and vegetable oil; beat to combine.
- 6Add in the pineapple, carrots, and milk mixture; mix well.
- 7Gradually add the dry ingredients to the batter; beat until combined.
- 8Add in coconut and 1 cup nuts; stir to combine.
- 9Pour batter into two 9-inch greased round baking pans.
- 10Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until pick comes out clean.
- 11Cool in pans for 15 minutes.
- 12Turn cakes out onto wire rack and let cool completely.
- 13Frost cake between layers, on the sides, and on top of the cake with Cream Cheese Frosting.
- 14Garnish with remaining nuts.
- 15Store in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Carrot Cake
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 728.0
- Calories from Fat 312
- Total Fat 34.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 97.1 mg
- Sodium 628.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 75.7 g
- Protein 9.3 g