Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Another recipe using Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix.
Make and share this Pumpkin Bread With Crumble Nut Topping - Gluten Free recipe from Food.com.
For the bread
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 1⁄3 cups Pamelas ultimate baking and pancake mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
For the topping
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a large loaf pan.
- Beat together butter, sugar, egg and pumpkin.
- Add remaining bread ingredients.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Combine topping ingredients.
- Sprinkle over bread.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
This is incredibly good! I made it last weekend and will definitely make it again. As much as I like the crumble nut topping, I think I'll skip it next time as the bread was difficult to cut into slices. Am also going to double the recipe and make two loaves. I absolutely love Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix and finally decided I like it so much that I ordered six bags from Amazon on their subscribe-and-save program, which makes it a lot less expensive than at the grocery store. This recipe is definitely a keeper!!! Very yummy!
This was very good ~ as the other reviewers said, you could not tell it was gluten free. Loved the brown-sugar and pecan topping ~ that finished this off perfectly. Another great recipe for holiday gift giving :) Thanks LARavenscroft ~ made for SWEET TRADITIONS TAG, November 2009!
Love it! You would not know that this is gluten free.