Cook1 hr 45 mins
My mom was using this recipe over 55 years ago, & the only thing I've changed from her original set of ingredients is the addition of dried cranberries! I've eaten a lot of loaves of this bread, both with & without the crans!
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Stir together the sugar, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, salt, baking powder, baking soda, eggs, oil, water & pumpkin, mixing well.
- Add the flour, two cups at a time, mixing well.
- If using cranberries, add them, & mix well.
- Pour the batter into two 9" loaf pans, dividing evenly.
- Put in the oven, & bake for 1 hour & 45 minutes, or until a toothpick in the center tests clean.
- Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes before removing loaves from the pans.
- Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.