1/7 Photos of Pumpkin Bread from Mom
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 45 mins
Sydney Mike's Note:
My mom was using this recipe over 55 years ago, & the only thing I've changed from her original set of ingredients is the addition of dried cranberries! I've eaten a lot of loaves of this bread, both with & without the crans!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2Stir together the sugar, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, salt, baking powder, baking soda, eggs, oil, water & pumpkin, mixing well.
- 3Add the flour, two cups at a time, mixing well.
- 4If using cranberries, add them, & mix well.
- 5Pour the batter into two 9" loaf pans, dividing evenly.
- 6Put in the oven, & bake for 1 hour & 45 minutes, or until a toothpick in the center tests clean.
- 7Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes before removing loaves from the pans.
- 8Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Bread from Mom
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.0
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 28.2 mg
- Sodium 141.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 20.1 g
- Protein 2.6 g