1/1 Photo of Pumpkin Bread
1 hr 30 mins
Tayder's momma's Note:
I had pumpkins left over from Halloween that didn't get carved, and feeling advantageous, I sifted through my moms endless selection of cookbooks for some kind of recipe that I could use that much pumpkin in besides pies. I found one and then had to figure out how to get the pumpkin out of the skin...Thank goodness for MOM! (she does alot of canning...I don't!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1When using fresh pumpkin, cut it into 2-3 inch pieces. (easier to hold in your hand).
- 2You need to make sure the seeds and 'guts' have been scraped out.
- 3Place the pieces into a large pot of water and boil until meat is soft.
- 4It is ready when the skin peels off easy.
- 5Place the skinless pumpkin into a bowl, mash and measure.
- 6**Prep time does not include cooking the fresh pumpkin**.
- 7Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 8Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl, make a "well" in these ingredients then add the moist ingredients.
- 9Mix them all together until smooth then add the vanilla.
- 10Mix well, then pour into loaf pans and bake for 1 hour or until the tester comes out clean.
- 11Cool completely on racks before storing.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Bread
Serving Size: 1 (2007 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2075.1
- Calories from Fat 729
- Total Fat 81.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 282.0 mg
- Sodium 1712.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 317.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 202.1 g
- Protein 24.3 g