Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe online and thought that it would be interesting to try. I will update shortly!
Make and share this Puerto Rican Coconut Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Cream butter.
- Add 1 cup of the sugar and cream well. Combine coconut milk or sweet milk and vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until foamy.
- Gradually add remaining 1/2 cup sugar and beat until stiff and glossy.
- Fold beaten whites into the batter carefully.
- Bake in 2 (9-inch) layer pans at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Frost with favorite seven-minute frosting and sprinkle with coconut.
I loved it so did my boyfriend who is actually from the island!
I like this recipe!