I found this recipe online and thought that it would be interesting to try. I will update shortly!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- 2Cream butter.
- 3Add 1 cup of the sugar and cream well. Combine coconut milk or sweet milk and vanilla extract.
- 4Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- 5In a small bowl, beat egg whites until foamy.
- 6Gradually add remaining 1/2 cup sugar and beat until stiff and glossy.
- 7Fold beaten whites into the batter carefully.
- 8Bake in 2 (9-inch) layer pans at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes.
- 9Frost with favorite seven-minute frosting and sprinkle with coconut.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Puerto Rican Coconut Cake
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1072.8
- Calories from Fat 436
- Total Fat 48.5 g
- Saturated Fat 33.6 g
- Cholesterol 91.5 mg
- Sodium 992.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 148.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 80.1 g
- Protein 14.8 g