Prep 6 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great alternative to those sugary, heavy frostings. The best part is, you can change the taste of the frosting by using any flavor of pudding.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold milk
- 1 envelope Dream Whip topping mix
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant pudding mix (vanilla, chocolate)
- Pour milk into a deep narrow mixer bowl.
- Add whipped topping mix, and pudding mix.
- Beat slowly until well blended. Gradually increase speed to high and whip until mixture will for m soft peaks, about 4-6 minutes.
- Store frosted cake in refrigerator.
I love this frosting. I first saw it on a lemon cake mix where you poke and pour lime Jello over the cake then frost it with the lemon pudding/Dream Whip frosting. I've used vanilla pudding on strawberry cake, but I haven't tried the chocolate yet.
Yum, Yum, Yum! This frosting is absolutely delicious!!! I don't plan to ever make regular frosting again. This is soooo much better!
I love this recipe!!! Tasty, easy and not too sweet as many frostings tend to be. I also like the versatility of being able to change flavors depending on the cake. I used this on Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Cake Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Cake by Bunco Babes. (double recipe for layer cake). Guests had seconds!!!!!! Thank you sooo much for sharing, will be using this recipe from now on!