Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
We've used this recipe since I was a kid. My mom said that she found it in a newspaper in Nevada, Iowa. My sister just won best of show with this recipe at her county fair in Colorado. This recipe makes two loaves.
- 3 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups zucchini, peeled and grated
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional) or 1⁄2 cup walnuts (optional)
- In a large bowl beat eggs lightly. Add in oil, sugar, zucchini, and vanilla.
- Add in all the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Mix in raisins or walnuts if desired.
- Pour into two greased and floured loaf pans.
- Bake at 325 for 1 hour.
Thanks for the review on my zucchini casserole. Thanks for the tip i might try it that way the next time i make it. Thanks again