1/1 Photo of Prize-Winning Coconut Cake
This recipe is very easy to make, it is very moist and sure doesn't last long! I found the basic recipe and tweaked it a bit to suit my craving for coconut flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup melted margarine
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box white cake mix
- 3 egg whites (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- additional coconut, toasted, if desired
- 1Pour melted margarine in a 9 x 13 inch cake pan.
- 2Sprinkle 1 cup coconut over margarine.
- 3Prepare cake mix according to directions on box and pour over the coconut.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees for 30- 35 minutes, until cake tests done.
- 5Remove from oven, immediately pour cold milk over hot cake.
- 6Let cool completely.
- 7Spread cool cake with Cool Whip and top with additional coconut if desired.
- 8Store in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prize-Winning Coconut Cake
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 422.4
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 2.8 mg
- Sodium 426.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 31.4 g
- Protein 4.0 g