Cook1 hr 10 mins
I entered this bundt cake of mine this past weekend into a baking contest at our local gourmet food store. It took home 2nd place--plus the bakery is going to start making it along side of their other "gourmet" cakes!! I am so excited--thought I would share it with everyone!
- Preheat oven to 350°F; grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Beat sugar, egg, almond extract, milk and softened butter together.
- Gradually add flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In bottom of greased bundt pan, sprinkle almonds and raw sugar to make a nice crunchy topping.
- Pour cake batter over almonds/sugar.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean from center of cake.
- Cool for 15-20 minutes, then remove from pan.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Serve warm or cooled - your preference.