Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
I entered this bundt cake of mine this past weekend into a baking contest at our local gourmet food store. It took home 2nd place--plus the bakery is going to start making it along side of their other "gourmet" cakes!! I am so excited--thought I would share it with everyone!
- Preheat oven to 350°F; grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Beat sugar, egg, almond extract, milk and softened butter together.
- Gradually add flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In bottom of greased bundt pan, sprinkle almonds and raw sugar to make a nice crunchy topping.
- Pour cake batter over almonds/sugar.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean from center of cake.
- Cool for 15-20 minutes, then remove from pan.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Serve warm or cooled - your preference.
wowee! SO good! I had a mini bundt cake pan my mom gave me and I really wanted to try it out. What a wonderful recipe. Came out perfect and delicious! I used amaretto instead of almond extract. I used 4 TBS. Next time, I will use 6-8 TBS as the flavor was a bit weak. Thank you for this excellent recipe!
I made this and it was easy to make. I kept it in my refrigerator and served it to my guests. They raved about it, the almond taste is perfect, not overpowering. I love the chopped almonds on top. Great recipe, I want to find a way to adopt it for holidays.