This is a recipe from some kind of consumer reporting group. They were talking to people about the best attributes of chocolate chip cookies. This is what they came up with.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix the 2 sugars with a portable mixer, gradually add the butter. Mixing first at low speed then at high speed until it's pale, light, and very fluffy.
- Add the vanilla, then the eggs gradually until mix looks creamed in not curdled.
- Gradually add the flour, baking soda, and salt. First mixing at low speed building up to high speed.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix briefly.
- Drop by Tablespoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake until the cookies are pale, golden brown.(approx 9 min).
- Remove and let them cool on a rack.