1/1 Photo of Pound Cake
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Cooking to Perfection's Note:
This pound cake is lighter and slightly sweeter than the traditional pound cake. This recipe makes a flavorful, moist cake-- wins all votes for flavor, texture, appearance, and general delectability. (Recipe from The Perfect Cake by Susan Purdy) **Can be wrapped airtight and stored at room temp. for a week, or refrigerated for several weeks**
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325* (F).
- 2Spread solid shortening on bottom and sides of 9x5x3 inch loaf pan, or 9-inch tube pan.
- 3Dust evenly with flour; tap out excess.
- 4Set prepared pan aside.
- 5Sift together flour, salt, and baking powder.
- 6In a mixing bowl, beat butter until soft and fluffy.
- 7Gradually add sugar and beat until very light and creamy.
- 8Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 9Beat in vanilla.
- 10By hand or on low speed, gradually stir in flour mixture-- blend well.
- 11Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 1 hour and 15-20 minutes for loaf pan (40-45 mins. for tube pan), or until toothpick comes out clean.
- 12Cool the cake in its pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- 13Slide a knife around the edges to loosen the cake from pan.
- 14Remove cake from pan, flip up-right, and cool completely on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 537.0
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 177.2 mg
- Sodium 239.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 42.0 g
- Protein 6.9 g