1/3 Photos of Polish Braided Easter Egg Bread
3 hrs 45 mins
Beautiful bread with easter eggs baked right in!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, sugar, salt and yeast; stir well. Combine milk and butter in a small saucepan; heat until milk is warm and butter is softened but not melted.
- 2Gradually add the milk and butter to the flour mixture; stirring constantly. Add two eggs and 1/2 cup flour; beat well. Add the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring well after each addition. When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes.
- 3Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- 4Deflate the dough and turn it out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide the dough into two equal size rounds; cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Roll each round into a long roll about 36 inches long and 1 1/2 inches thick. Using the two long pieces of dough, form a loosely braided ring, leaving spaces for the five colored eggs. Seal the ends of the ring together and use your fingers to slide the eggs between the braids of dough.
- 5Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place loaf on a buttered baking sheet and cover loosely with a damp towel. Place loaf in a warm place and let rise until doubled in bulk, about 45 minutes. Brush risen loaf with melted butter.
- 6Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, or until golden.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Polish Braided Easter Egg Bread
Serving Size: 1 (914 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2333.7
- Calories from Fat 784
- Total Fat 87.2 g
- Saturated Fat 43.3 g
- Cholesterol 1498.5 mg
- Sodium 3190.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 301.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.9 g
- Sugars 53.3 g
- Protein 81.0 g