1/3 Photos of Plum Upside-Down Cake
From Country Home Magazine - lovely served with vanilla ice cream!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place 3 tablespoons butter in a 9x9 baking pan. Put in the oven at 350 degrees until butter is just melted.
- 2Remove from oven and stir in brown sugar and water until combined. Spread to an even layer in the pan.
- 3Arrange plum slices on top of the sugar mixture in the pan.
- 4In a large bowl mix flour, pecans, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- 5Add milk, 5 tablespoons butter, eggs and vanilla. Beat with a mixer on low speed until combined. Beat on medium for 1 minute.
- 6Stir in orange peel.
- 7Spoon batter over top of plums in pan.
- 8Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes, until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- 9Loosen sides of cake from pan and invert onto a serving plate. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Plum Upside-Down Cake
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 466.7
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 81.3 mg
- Sodium 347.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 44.9 g
- Protein 6.6 g