From Country Home Magazine - lovely served with vanilla ice cream!
Make and share this Plum Upside-Down Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Place 3 tablespoons butter in a 9x9 baking pan. Put in the oven at 350 degrees until butter is just melted.
- Remove from oven and stir in brown sugar and water until combined. Spread to an even layer in the pan.
- Arrange plum slices on top of the sugar mixture in the pan.
- In a large bowl mix flour, pecans, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add milk, 5 tablespoons butter, eggs and vanilla. Beat with a mixer on low speed until combined. Beat on medium for 1 minute.
- Stir in orange peel.
- Spoon batter over top of plums in pan.
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes, until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Loosen sides of cake from pan and invert onto a serving plate. Serve warm.