Posted for Zaar world tour II.
Make and share this Plum Cake (German) recipe from Food.com.
- Place 4 cups flour, sugar, salt and melted butter in a bowl; mix.
- Add egg yolks and vanilla, mix.
- Place the dough onto a cookie sheet pan and press with your fingers make a rim.
- Spread with a thin layer of apricot jam.
- Place the quartered purple plums in rows on the dough and jam.
- Beat egg whites slightly and brush over the plums.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp of flour over the egg whites.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on top of the plum cake.