This is another wonderful cake that I found along time ago in our local paper. It is great for large gatherings, pot lucks or picnics.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, reserve 1/4 cup
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut flavoring
Coconut Cream Frosting
- 1For cake: Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Using a slotted spoon, set aside 1/4 cup pineapple for frosting.
- 3In mixing bowl, combine remaining pineapple and juice with flour, sugar, eggs, baking soda, vegetable oil and coconut flavoring.
- 4Beat at medium speed 2 minutes.
- 5Pour into greased and floured 10-1/2 x 15-1/2 x 1 inch baking pan.
- 6Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- 7Let cool completely.
- 8To make frosting: Beat cream cheese, butter, sour cream, vanilla and coconut flavoring until smooth and creamy.
- 9Add powdered sugar; beat until frosting is a spreadable consistency.
- 10Stir in coconut and reserved 1/4 cup pineapple.
- 11Use to frost cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Paradise Cake With Coconut Cream Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.0
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 40.9 mg
- Sodium 128.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 47.4 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: