Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is another wonderful cake that I found along time ago in our local paper. It is great for large gatherings, pot lucks or picnics.
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, reserve 1/4 cup
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut flavoring
Coconut Cream Frosting
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coconut flavoring
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- For cake: Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using a slotted spoon, set aside 1/4 cup pineapple for frosting.
- In mixing bowl, combine remaining pineapple and juice with flour, sugar, eggs, baking soda, vegetable oil and coconut flavoring.
- Beat at medium speed 2 minutes.
- Pour into greased and floured 10-1/2 x 15-1/2 x 1 inch baking pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely.
- To make frosting: Beat cream cheese, butter, sour cream, vanilla and coconut flavoring until smooth and creamy.
- Add powdered sugar; beat until frosting is a spreadable consistency.
- Stir in coconut and reserved 1/4 cup pineapple.
- Use to frost cake.