1/13 Photos of Pineapple & Marzipan Cake (Ananas-Marzipankuchen)
1 hr 15 mins
I got this recipe of my auntie, who always brings this round when she feels people need or deserve a little treat. It's really simple and quite quick to do, but it makes a really yummy and moist cake. If you can't get vanilla sugar, you can use 1 tsp vanilla essence instead, or you can make your own by putting about an inch of a vanilla pod in a screw top jar with 1/2 cup of sugar and leave it for a couple of days (the rest will keep).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5.
- 2Mix butter, eggs, vanilla sugar and sugar in a mixing bowl until well combined.
- 3Add the marzipan and continue to stir until smooth.
- 4Sieve together the flour and baking powder and slowly add little by little, stirring until you have a smooth dough.
- 5Add the pineapple chunks and stir into the dough.
- 6Pour into a greased loaf pan that has been lined with baking paper.
- 7Bake for 50-65 minutes, if you feel it is getting too dark, cover with foil.
- 8Depending on your oven and the size of your loaf pan it may take longer than 65 minutes, but not to worry.
- 9Check for doneness by inserting a wooden skewer, if it comes out clean the cake is ready.
- 10Allow to cool before removing from tin.
- 11If you want you can cover with ganache, but it's great without.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple & Marzipan Cake (Ananas-Marzipankuchen)
Serving Size: 1 (1308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3769.6
- Calories from Fat 1440
- Total Fat 160.0 g
- Saturated Fat 94.6 g
- Cholesterol 1008.4 mg
- Sodium 1949.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 531.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.5 g
- Sugars 238.5 g
- Protein 60.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: