Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Delicious, quick, and easy...what more could you ask for? Your favorite sweet tooth will soon be offering YOU favors.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread pineapple in 9 x 13 pan as the first layer.
- Distribute the coconut as the second layer.
- Spread the cake mix over the coconut (unmade), using a spatula or knife to even it up.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and distribute over the entire surface.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
Good, but more like a cobbler than a cake. Maybe that is what dump cake is though. I'm not from the midwest so I'm not sure. The vanilla ice cream would have helped I think.
I have made this recipe for years and absolutely LOVE it. The only difference is that I leave out the coconut. Serving it hot with vanilla ice cream is a MUST!