Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
We love this wonderfully sweet pineapple cake! It's absolutely luscious! It's so cold and refreshing on a hot summer day. Everyone loves this cake, especially my little girl. Make this the day before you serve it if you can. It gives the flavors a chance to blend.
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter and flour a 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- In large bowl, beat sugar, eggs and 1/4 cup butter until fluffy.
- Mix in pineapple with syrup, then dry ingredients. Transfer into prepared pan.
- Bake until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Transfer pan to wire rack, cool.
- Beat cream cheese, remaining 1/4 cup butter and powdered sugar in medium bowl until fluffy and blended.
- Spread frosting over cake and refrigerate until ready to serve.
I don't know why, but I just never entertained the thought of making a pineapple cake!This is a wonderful cake! With the cream cheese frosting, it just puts it over the top! I had some walnuts just begging to be used, so I put some in. I also kept a tiny bit of the pineapple juice to use in thinning the frosting just a tad. Thank you so much for this recipe! It's as keeper!