Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipes makes a small cake. Simple to prepare and very delicious.
Make and share this Pina Colada Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package with egg and 1/2 cup water. Pour batter into greased 8 inch pan. Bake 30 minutes.
- While cake is baking, bring coconut milk, sugar and coconut to a boil, then immediately remove from heat.
- Remove cake from oven and poke holes in cake with the handle end of wooden spoon.
- Pour cooked sugar coconut mixture evenly over cake, letting it saturate, spreading the coconut in the mixture evenly over cake.
- Let cake cool completely. Spread pineapple over cake first, then cool whip.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
actually I omited all the coconut, and added crushed pineapple to the mix ,which is what I was looking for, baked it in a mini bundt pan, and used a buttercream frostin.
Great cake. I used a 9" round cake pan and removed it before poking holes and pouring on the coconut milk mixture - that way I could display it on a pretty cake plate for my company. I would suggest allowing a pretty good amount of time to drain that crushed pineapple because you really want it pretty dry before spreading - I actually even patted mine with a paper towel to absorb more moisture so the cake would not get soggy. Topped with whipped topping and voila - a pretty dessert with a light refreshing taste. Made for 1.2.3 Hit Wonders. I'll be sure to make this again as it is so wonderful. Thanks KelBel! :)
I added a little bit of water to the mix cause it was hard to mix. I removed the cake from the pan after putting the coconut sugar on top. It was not mentionned. Maybe we have to remove it before putting coconut sugar. I used a 14 ounces can of chunk pineapple that I crushed 1/2 cup in my food processor. With the remaining chunks, I put them in the middle of the cake for garnish. I grilled coconut to put on the cake. The taste is delicious. Easy and will do that again for sure :) Made for Newest Zaar Tag. Thanks KelBel :)