1/5 Photos of Pig Pickin' Cake
From Southern Living. Served at many southern barbecues or pig pickins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- chopped pecans
- 1Beat the first 4 ingredients together in a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer at medium speed until blended.
- 2Stir in oranges.
- 3Pour batter into 3 greased and floured 8-inch cake pans (layers will be thin).
- 4Bake in a 350° oven for 25-30 minutes or until a pick comes out clean.
- 5Cool layers in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove layers from pans and cool completely on wire racks.
- 6In a large bowl, stir together the crushed pineapple and next 3 ingredients; spread pineapple mixture evenly between layers and on top of cake.
- 7Chill cake 3-4 hours.
- 8Garnish with chopped pecans, if desired.
- 9Store cake in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pig Pickin' Cake
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 444.9
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 53.7 mg
- Sodium 424.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 40.8 g
- Protein 4.6 g