Tiny perfect pumpkin tarts. A wonderful addition to your dainty tray.You will always find room for one of theses mini pumkin pies. An old favorite recipe.
- 2 (255 g) packages frozen mini tart shells (about 36)
- 3 (39 g) Skor candy bars
- 1 cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1⁄3 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (you can sub 1/4 teaspoon each ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg for the pie spice)
- 36 pecan halves
- Arrange oven racks in top and bottom thirds of oven.
- preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place tart shells on 2 large baking sheet leaving a bit of space between them.
- thaw at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile finely chop skor bars and place a teaspoon into each shell.
- In medium bowl, whisk pumpkin with sugar,eggs,vanilla and pie spice until blended.
- Fill shells nearly to the top and place a peacan half on each.
- Bake sheets on separate racks. Rotate baking sheets between racks after 10 minutes.Then continue baking until filling is set about 10 minutes more.
- Serve warm or cool .
- If making ahead store in an airtight container in the fridge. They will keep well for 2 days or freeze up to 3 months.
- Also delicious served with ice cream.
I made these using cream cheese tassie crust recipe, and formed into mini tart shells. I also chopped my pecans and just placed them over the tops. Served with a small dollap of whipped cream. Nice recipe. Will make again since they are so easy and look nice.