Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
Source: Pillsbury website. This is a super cute recipe for a spring or Easter party/gathering!
Make and share this Peter Rabbit Carrots (Rice Krispies Treats) recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 5 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 (16 ounce) can cream cheese frosting
- red food coloring, and
- yellow food coloring
- 24 leaves spearmint, gumdrop leaves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Spray two 8 or 9-inch round cake pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt margarine in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add marshmallows; cook and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cereal; stir until well coated.
- Divide mixture evenly into sprayed pans; press firmly with buttered rubber scraper.
- Cool 20 minutes.
- Turn cereal rounds out of pans; cut each round into 12 wedges.
- Use fingers to round curved end slightly to resemble carrot.
- Place frosting in microwave-safe measuring cup with pouring spout.
- Microwave on HIGH for 30 to 40 seconds or until pourable.
- DO NOT BOIL.
- Add red and yellow food color 1 drop at a time, mixing until frosting is of desired orange color.
- Pour frosting over carrot shapes, covering tops completely and allowing some to drizzle down sides.
- Reheat frosting as necessary to keep it pourable.
- On sugared surface, flatten gumdrop leaves with rolling pin until 1/4 inch thick.
- With knife or scissors, cut each leaf into 6 strips, keeping them attached at bottom.
- Place leaf at top of each carrot.
I made these for my sister's baby shower which had a spring theme - this recipe was adorable and delicious!! I will be making these again too - my daughter loved helping out with these!