Prep1 hr 30 mins
The pesto and olive give the focaccia a very robust flavor. As a variation, omit the pesto and brush dough with olive oil, then sprinkle with snipped fresh basil and finely shredded parmesan cheese. This comes from my Better Homes and Garden Bread Machine Book.
- Select 1 1/2 pound loaf size.
- Add ingredients except pesto to machine according to manufacturer's directions.
- Select the dough cycle, when the cycle is complete, remove dough, punch down.
- Cover and allow to rest 10 minutes.
- Place dough on greased 11-12" pizza pan.
- Using the palms of your hands, pat dough into an even round just smaller than pan; using your fingertips, poke dough all over to dimple surface.
- Spread pesto over the dough.
- Cover loosely and let rise in a warm place 30 minutes; bake at 400°F for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve warm or cool, cut into wedges. Leftovers can be store in the freezer.