Prep 2 hrs
Cook 30 mins
This comes from Betty Crocker's Best Bread Machiine Cookbook. I finally found the perfect recipe for whole wheat bread made in my machine but baked in the oven.I use Barley Malt instead of honey.
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, blend
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons dry milk
- 4 cups whole wheat bread flour
- 1⁄4 cup wheat bran
- 2 tablespoons vital wheat gluten
- 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Measure ingredients and follow your bread Machine instructions.
- I use Becel intead of butter.
- Select Dough cycle.
- When your machine is first kneading check to make sure you have enough water.
- Remove from machine and shape into 2 loaves.
- Bake in a preheated 400*oven for 10 minutes.
- Lower heat to 350* and bake another 20 minutes.
- After baking remove from pan and let cool on wire rack.
- I keep one out and freeze the other one.
- Innisfree gave this wonderful suggestion for rising bread and it WORKS!
- In microwave, heat up 1 cup of water to boiling and let it boil for about a minute. Carefully remove cup of boiling water and place bowl of dough in the microwave. No need to cover dough as the microwave stays moist like a proofing box.
- I leave the cup of water in the microwave and place my loaves in the microwave and in no time you have it ready for the oven.
- Good luck!
The texture of this bread is perfect! Great for sandwiches, or spread with butter! I shaped this into two loaves. When baked, I allowed them to cool on the rack, then sealed in bags, freezing one loaf for later use. A keeper for sure! Thanks!
Very delicious bread. Nice texture. We really enjoyed the sweet, nutty taste.
This really does make perfect bread. I made a half amount in the ABM on dough and them made 6 perfect buns with it. The texture is ideal and it's on the healthy side too. I replaced the honey with Splenda and used 1/2 the ask for amount of Splenda Brown. Thanks very much Sage. Made for ZWT4.