1/4 Photos of Perfect Whole Wheat Bread
2 hrs 30 mins
This comes from Betty Crocker's Best Bread Machiine Cookbook. I finally found the perfect recipe for whole wheat bread made in my machine but baked in the oven.I use Barley Malt instead of honey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Measure ingredients and follow your bread Machine instructions.
- 2I use Becel intead of butter.
- 3Select Dough cycle.
- 4When your machine is first kneading check to make sure you have enough water.
- 5Remove from machine and shape into 2 loaves.
- 6Bake in a preheated 400*oven for 10 minutes.
- 7Lower heat to 350* and bake another 20 minutes.
- 8After baking remove from pan and let cool on wire rack.
- 9I keep one out and freeze the other one.
- 11Innisfree gave this wonderful suggestion for rising bread and it WORKS!
- 12In microwave, heat up 1 cup of water to boiling and let it boil for about a minute. Carefully remove cup of boiling water and place bowl of dough in the microwave. No need to cover dough as the microwave stays moist like a proofing box.
- 13I leave the cup of water in the microwave and place my loaves in the microwave and in no time you have it ready for the oven.
- 14Good luck!
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Whole Wheat Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1028 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1070.8
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 37.9 mg
- Sodium 2457.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 207.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 33.2 g
- Sugars 27.8 g
- Protein 37.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vital wheat gluten