Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 30 mins
This recipe comes from a Pillsbury holiday baking cookbook. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks good.
- FOR TARTS:.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Grease bottoms only of 32 mini muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and 1/2 cup butter until fluffy.
- Beat in peppermint extract and egg until blended.
- On low speed, beat in flour, baking soda and salt.
- Shape dough into 1 1/2 inch balls.
- Press each ball in bottom up the sides of muffin cups.
- Bake 9-12 minutes until set and edges are light golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute, remove from muffin cups to cooling racks.
- Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- FOR FILLING:.
- In small bowl, beat powdered sugar, 3 Tbsp butter, food coloring, and milk on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of the crushed candies.
- Spoon or pipe 1 rounded tsp of filling into each tart shell.
- Sprinkle with remaining crushed candies.